Monday, April 19, 2010

You ready?... You ready?.... LET'S GET IT ON!!!

**sigh** where did the weekend go? I meant to blog earlier but just .... didn't.
Friday's "movies in review" blog was all about Lisa...why? Because I had too much time to think about stupid stuff like that while she had me doing 560 walking lunges with a 10 pound vest on. I knew what was coming and I was not afraid. I do lunges all the time and often in high rep numbers (although never THAT many)! The vest was a surprise though. My legs definitely got tired and wobbly by the end of the work out, and I was sure that I would be super sore... which... I was going to blog about this weekend. Well, I didn't really get that sore (even tho Lisa tried to poke my quads on Saturday to make me cry.... meanie! :-) So I wasn't very motivated to blog.

On Saturday I had my first fight with Mike that was body building related. I'm not going to go into detail because I don't air dirty laundry and Mike and I rarely fight. We have a very respecting and loving relationship and always try to treat each other like the best friends that we are. Basically, Mike snuck some jelly beans, I commented on the cheat, he reminded me that I ate 1/3 of a slice of apple pie just recently, and I got mad. It was a fair thing for him to say. Just because he is not doing the competition, doesn't mean that he is not trying to stick to the diet. Anyway, a 24 hour silent treatment ensued. After our lines of communication opened back up, Mike told me that I really didn't talk much about how I have been feeling daily, so he had no idea how that comment (meant to be a joke) was going to hurt my feelings. And I told him that I didn't want to be whiny and complaining all the time about being hungry, depleted and lethargic. (...."Second verse, same as the first!".... cuz this is the story of my life for the last month at least and will continue for the next 12 days... yes 12 days ~not that I'm counting) And any food related joke will not be funny to me. Anyway, hugs/kisses, everything is better and now I have license to complain... (if I can find the energy to open my mouth...unless it's to eat, then it's no problem)

So 24 hours of my weekend was ruined by a high tensioned household. Not really in the mood to blog when I'm mad (unless it's training related...then it makes for GREAT blogging!) And of course I took advantage of as much sun as possible taking way from blogging time and I went to my daughters musical and had 2 social events on Sunday. I have to say that one of said events had an awesome spread of food. Finger sandwiches on croissants, plates and plates of fresh fruit, little cinnamon rolls, cheezits, M&Ms, and various cookies...and wine. Excuse me.... **tear** sniffle** tear**... sigh.... Even though I dreamed, and smelled and imagined how everything must taste, I did NOT eat a single thing! I even brought a variety of sandwiches and fruit home and 3 cookies for the kids... alone in the car... by myself... no one looking... with said food, and didn't touch anything! I was exceedingly proud of myself! I think I would have caved if it wasn't getting so close to competition time. Thoughts like, "Really, how much damage will this little sandwich do?" "The sugar from this fruit will probably just run right thru me" "I can always exercise a little tonight to burn it off"... "Shut up, stupid brain, before I stab you with a tooth pick!!".... and there you have it... DONE!

So how am I feeling? Hungry! Mondays and Tuesdays suck rocks. I used to dread Wednesdays because of my 3 classes to teach, but now it's my favorite day! Here are some facts about my life.... (workouts and calories)
M-lift upper body, HIIT, teach spin, 1257
T-Teach spin, lift lowerbody, posing practice, 1272
W- teach muscle class, kickboxing and spin, 1722
TH-teach spin, lift upper body, HIIT, posing practice, 1377
F-lift legs, 1541
S and S..rest, 1361 and 1282

I'm starting to have a list of things to do that is about 5 feet long (blogging I can soon cross off). I'm glad that today is overcast so I can get some work done and not be tempted to lay out. Although I have to say that the sun makes me warm and happy and I can pass a lot of time without temptation, hunger, anxiety, stress, (whatever) when I'm out on the trampoline with a book, or a nap. I know inside, that as a mom and wife, I should be doing other stuff, but I also know that my husband and family would agree "better a happy mom than a busy and mentally unstable crazy person" at this stage in the game.... they can handle it for 12 more days as long as I can keep from crying, yelling or falling into a catatonic state.

No comments:

Post a Comment