Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sometimes you feel like a nut....

I was thinking today that sometimes I'm strong and sometimes I'm not... which brought me to that old Almond Joy commercial "Sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't... Almond Joys got nuts, Mounds don't..because... sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!"
(Good luck getting that tune out of your head for the rest of the day!)

I have long determined that I would make a horrible criminal! I would commit my crime and run straight to the police station to confess. I'm also a bad liar, so why even bother. It's one thing that keeps my on the straight and narrow in life. So today I had my first "sweet cheat" since January. I was being an idiot! Not hungry, feeling great, not at all tempted. So I decided to clean out the fridge a little bit to determine what I needed to be thinking about for near future dinners. Hmmm... the last piece of apple pie from Easter weekend. "I should put this in the freezer. ... I wonder if it's even still good?" Off comes the cover, sniff... smells good. Maybe just a TEENY taste before I put it in the freezer "I don't want to freeze sour pie!". Three bites later, I somehow willed myself to throw the rest of the damn thing in the garbage. I could have EASILY eaten the whole piece and probably justified it somehow. Ugh! It was so good... ridiculous! I haven't craved sweets too much since the diet but,... dang.... Well, moving on with life...

That tasty sin occurred mid afternoon-ish, (before my last spin class of the day) sooooo... I kicked my own butt in class as punishment and hoped that I would burn enough extra calories with my super hard push to not have to suffer the consequences. It's awfully close to competition to be cheating at this point. And in general, that thought alone is enough to deter the cheats (unless it's BNPB... that happens)

With that exception, I felt GREAT today! High energy, great classes (all 3 were awesome) Lots of sweat and fun was had by all. (well, me anyway... I did hear some grunting and moaning throughout all 3 classes but that just means it's good)

No comments:

Post a Comment