Saturday, April 24, 2010

No internet for a week.... but finally an update!

I've been trying to blog all week but I have not had a good internet connection so I'm sorry about that. I've had a good week this week. I've had some great work outs and not so great workouts but I have not cheated on the diet at all. It feels good to my well being to be able to be strong although I have to admit that I am still tempted! It is only because of the closeness of the competition that is keeping me "sinless". Well, whatever works, right?

I got my diet for the last week. I get 1050 calories tomorrow but 1500 and 1300 on Mon/Tuesday and I know I can handle those numbers and still function normally. Then Wed, Thurs are back down to 1050. The extra low carb thing is a little scary but I can do anything for 5 days, and at least I have Lisa, Jason and Eileen to share my misery. :-)

Today I went to Lisa's to practice posing with Lisa and Eileen. All of us posed together while Jason video taped. I was pretty apprehensive to stand in comparison with them. They are both so awesome! Skinny butts and wide backs, big 'ol biceps! I'm eternally jealous! But I have to keep in mind that I've been training only 3.5 months and had LOTS more weight to lose! Amazingly enough I was not too disappointed in the size of my ass in comparison if only I was wider on the top now... Of course as women, we are never happy with what we have, right? It all will depend on who my competition is. I have little bouts of nervousness but right now I'm just trying to survive the diet! I have a couple of new foods I get to try this week and 2 new flavors to Muscle Milk to try. Looking forward to the blueberry especially! I really miss fruit.

On Monday this week I weighed in at 124.0, since Wednesday I've weighed in at 122.4. Often by Monday I've put back on .5 pound or so. We'll see what happens.

Today while I layed out on the trampoline I made a menu for the 2 weeks after the show. My parents will be here on Friday for the weekend. After the show... major gorge... then on Sunday, we are staying in San Francisco to tour Alcatraz, so of course we will have to eat out breakfast and lunch, and then for dinner I am making Mexican Fiesta Pizza. Reduced fat crescent rolls for crust with taco seasoned turkey burger veggies and low fat sour cream. I think it's a pretty good choice as far as low fat dinners go. Then I decided that since I was on the trampoline, all happy and warm in the sun, that I would plan my menu for the 2 weeks after the show. I'm going to cook on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday nights for those 2 weeks... trust me, the menu looks DELICIOUS!! I will eat small and controlled portions with my family on those nights and other than that I will continue the diet. Here is a concern.... A friend and loyal spin class member wants to do a "restricted dessert" party for me after spin class on Wednesday night the 5th, and my neighbors want to throw me a party/BBQ the weekend after the show. With such a smorgasbord of delicious restricted food at my disposal, I don't know if I will be able to 'nibble' just a bit. I will have to try.
Well, I know this is not a witty and entertaining blog. ... Just the facts, ma'am. So the least I could do is add a picture. This was taken after Friday's leg workout. It was FREEZING!! ... hence the hugging... but we would have done that anyway. :-) I have the best training in the world! Thanks Lisa for all you do!

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome...youve been a pleasure to work with!!

    ReplyDelete