Monday, March 1, 2010

Wooly Mammoth????

So today is the start of a new week. I only lost about 1/2 a pound this week, but I'm not letting it bother me. I trust that Lisa will get me where I need to be (no pressure Lisa...but if I don't get there, I will be scarred for life and probably end up on 20 years of therapy that will burden my family financially and emotionally forever.... but again... no pressure). But don't worry, my kids are great food police! Last night, Mike make jumbalia and gumbo for dinner and it smelled sooo good! I was only going to lick the spoon (there was nothing in the spoon, I swear!) and Kaelyn snatched that spoon out of my hand and said, "NO MOM! It's not on the list!" **sad face** So not to worry.. there is no cheating going on in this house! I can't even lick the darn spoon!

I feel good and rested today and had a good leg workout. I have a new partner for Mondays, Pam. She is going to be a great partner. Thanks Pam! I wish I could bring her to spin with me to tell me to "push out that last standing sprint!" But I'm on my own for that.

My next chore for today (other than 15 minutes of posing practice) is to "de-wool" myself. So last week, I asked Lisa if she shaves or waxes the arm hair. I figured that the arm hair would have to go... no big deal. I'll just wax it and be done with it. I've been waxing my legs for years and I'm used to the "1,2,3..rriiiipp". So she goes on to explain that I should start shaving now to make sure that I don't get razor bumps before the competition. OK.. makes sense. BUT WAIT.. there's more.... :-) I have to shave... EVERYTHING! Tummy, chest, back, shoulders, butt..... (privates of course). What?? The paint will bead on the tiny hairs on your body so even the invisible peach fuzz has to go. How many more surprises like this are in store for me, I wonder? My first concern was that the hair would grow back as stubble and I'd be stuck having to have my husband shave my back for the rest of my life!! Pretty sexy, right? Honey, will you shave my back? Eeeewwww.... (but it doesn't, thank goodness!) So Mike now has the job of shaving me AND painting me! How lucky for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment