Thursday, March 11, 2010

HIIT me with your best shot

Today was my first HIIT training session with Lisa. I was as nervous as the "early worm". As it turned out, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. After a 5 minute warm up on the tread mill (and my third pee break in 15 minutes) we got started with 15 minutes of 20 second sprints at 8.0/4% incline with 40 second rest. We worked up to 9.5 speed and 5.0 incline. After 15 minutes we ran at 6.0 flat decreasing speed by .1 every minute for 10 minutes, then calves. In my foolish honesty, I told Lisa that it wasn't that hard. Don't get me wrong, I worked up a sweat... but at no point did I think I was going to die... or go catapulting off the back of the treadmill. So now I have a baseline to start my HIIT sessions, and I will probably feel much differently next time. I'll let you know. I'm sure that I'll be sorry for flapping my stupid jaws about that.

I feel great this week. Everything hurts and that's just how I like it. Plus... no more cardio for the rest of the week :-) YEAH!!

ps... AND... Lisa gave me a sample of watermelon flavored BCAAs and I just have one thing to say about that.... YUMMY!!

pss... AND.... I went shopping today (fun shopping, not chore shopping) and what girl doesn't enjoy that???

No comments:

Post a Comment