Monday, March 15, 2010

Hello Motrin! It's been awhile... Did you miss me?

I lost 1.4 pounds this week... yeah...
Today's workout, quads/back, HIIT and Spin... booo... (I mean.. yeah!)

I lifted this morning with Pam, wondering how my HIIT was going to go after lifting quads.
I was even more afraid when Lisa said to meet her on the track since it's such a nice day. I loved being outside! But running outside is by far harder than running on the treadmill. So I warmed up with 2 laps around the track and we started out our first sprint. I guess it was too much too soon because within the first 5 steps I felt that my quads were not ready! Both pulled immediately.. especially the right side. So I hobble/ jogged..(would that be "jobbled"?) to the end and tried to shake it off on the way back to the start, but I know my body pretty well. This was going to be a problem. After a little stretch, I tried again but slower... still pain. So we did a couple laps of butt kickers to warm and stretch the quads and things started to loosen up a little bit. Then a couple more sprints but I couldn't really get a good stride and felt like I was limping along. Then some side steps and jogging backwards to the start again. You know the feeling when you have a tight muscle that might be on the verge of a charlie horse if you aren't careful? yep.. that's me.. both quads. So I'm sitting here with ice packs wrapped around both legs and the Motrin sitting handy. I will be playing games in Spin tonight because I suspect that my quads will not love me if I try to push them on the bike. There you have that...

On a funny note... On the way home from the gym today, I saw a man walking in a charcoal gray suit with high-water pants, light brown ankle boots and long gray hair sporting a shiny bald spot (reminded me of Michael Bolten hair... 80's wannabe rocker.. not working!) Anyway, I had to giggle at the many fashion blunders on this one man. It's the little things sometimes! hehehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment