Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where did that truck come from???

What a week! I feel like I've been hit by a Mac Truck today! That HIIT session really did a number on my quads! And the rest of me is stiff all over! It's all good though.

I ran a few errands after my workout today and I only got to eat half of my after workout snack. Let me tell you!... I do NOT need to let myself get that hungry! By the time I got home from my errands I was so hungry, I was shaking and light headed...not to mention, short tempered! It would be easy to throw a Detour bar in my purse for such occasions but then I have to rethink the rest of my meals for the day. Detour bars only hold me over for an hour or so before I'm hungry again, so if I subbed one for something else I might suffer later. Anyway, I'm catching up on my calories finally (3 hours later). I'll be going out to run errands again shortly because my family is eating steaks for dinner and I don't want to smell it, or see it, or think about it. Usually I eat my meal while my family eats theirs but not on steak night. They shouldn't have to deny their favorite stuff on my behalf. It's bad enough that we haven't eaten out as a family in 3 months! Frankly I don't think this is so bad considering the money we have saved... not to mention the excess of calories and fat that you consume from eating out. But the steak will be too hard for me. There are few meals that rank higher for me than steaks on the grill. Nights like this are where the diet REALLY gets hard.

2 comments:

  1. come on over... we are having tuna right out of the can - with nothing else on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hard core man... hard core!

    ReplyDelete