Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm not a black woman but I play one on TV....

I got my first spray tan today. Hmmmm.... I don't even know where to start. Interesting experience... First of all, I have to say that God places me in situations that prepare me for future events. For example, when I started the massage program, I was VERY nervous about disrobing and getting naked on a table with about 20 students on the room. Even covered, this was scary for me and took me quite awhile to relax with it. I'm just a conservative ND girl... Next I decided to do the competition. I'm picturing myself on stage looking thin and awesome, rocking the bikini. OK, Rachelle wasn't thinking about the "in-between" stages. So I have NOT rocked the bikini but still have had to put it on and pose practice in front of Lisa, and the camera (which brought me to tears the first time). The second camera session was easier on my fragile ego because I was more prepared for what I would see from the back side and I did see some small improvements. I'm getting more used to the bikini wearing (not that I plan to sport around town in it).Which brings me to today's tanning session. So there I was naked as a Jay bird, in the middle of my kitchen with a complete stranger. (You know, all good stories start with "so there I was", right?) She gives me the directions... "Don't put your arms down... stand with your feet apart... turn to the side...." all the while misting me with what feels like arctic snow, so everything is standing at attention (goose pimples, of course!) "Ok now face the back.... other side... back to the front.... expose the inner thigh... Ok, now put your arms straight up in the air..." etc... I'm thinking that arms straight up, with your feet apart is about as vulnerable as I will have to be right?... wrong!.... "last, let me get the 'smile'... turn to the back and bend over"... Are ya kidding!? I'm thinking...'It's just like gynecologists... you've seen one, you've seen 'em all'. Here goes nothing!.... whew! Cold mist to the ass, and we are done. I said, "Boy, you really have to trust a person!" Then I had to stand there while she 'dried' me off. (With warm air...thank goodness!)

In the end, I do like the color, but it's pretty dark right now. The tan solution has a bronzer in it so that she can see what she is doing. The bronzer rinses right off but you don't want to rinse the tan for at least 8 hours. So I'm hiding out in my house looking like a white woman who
is dreaming of being black. My family got a good giggle on my behalf and I have decided to let you all giggle too. I'm posting my first picture to my blog. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. I told you the tan would have to go EVERYWHERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. I figured it would make for a good story. I could NEVER have done that naked 3 months ago! NEVER< NEVER< NEVER.... I've come a long way, baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the tan looks real!! Granted it's the second day when I saw it, but really, It was good! If I had read your blog before last night, I would have made you moon me:)

    ReplyDelete