Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ROFL.... (literally)

13 weeks to the competition, 3rd week of training. The heavy lifting is going well, although I still don't feel stiff like I think I should. I talked to Lisa about that today and the short version answer is that I should be stiff. Maybe wrong form, not enough ROM, not enough weight. I pretty sure my form is good and I'm lifting as much weight as I can to failure. Perhaps if the weight is too heavy, then I may be compensating with other muscle groups?? I don't know. Today was back and I did go down about 20 pounds on wide grip seated rows because I thought my lower back was doing too much work and I couldn't bring my hands to my chest. I went to Big 5 after my meeting with Lisa to buy lifting straps. I was able to put another 20 pounds on for dead lift. (125 pounds).. and let me tell ya... I thought that was damn heavy! I have red spots along my palm from just those 3 sets! Maybe when I'm a big girl, I'll be able to handle it, but for now, I'm still little.

So the majority of my session with Lisa was talking about food/calories/protein, at about 200 miles per hour. I tried to make notes but I know I missed a ton. This is where the emailing comes in. In a nut shell, I've been doing good so far. I haven't gained or lost weight, but I've had a couple people tell me that I've leaned out a little. (I can't tell....) But now that I've had 2 weeks to adjust to the higher protein and high water content diet, I'll be needing to make some "pre cut" diet modifications. No milk products, and less carbs, still the same protein, and more calories if possible but I'm doing ok here. My strict diet starts on Valentine's Day. NICE, right? No assorted chocolates for me this year. (It's a staple... I wonder if my wonderful hubby will get me a posing suit instead. I found a cheap one -$50- Lisa said order it if I can afford it cuz if it's crappy, it will make for a good practice suit... and something about paint...???) At this time, (based on my raised eyebrows) she asked me if I'd ever even been to a competition... "no"... this is when she literally rolled back on the floor and laughed out loud with her hand on her forehead! Is that bad? Well, just think... if I am a success, she will have a heck of a trainer story!! A real resume builder...that's what I am! Whatever works!...

No comments:

Post a Comment