Saturday, February 6, 2010

Shrimp, Fries and Naps

I worked out today, even though I am still not feeling very well. I was happy that Saturday is my short day with 3 back exercises instead of the normal 6, so I was only at the gym for about 30 minutes. Then after Hunter's basketball game we decided to take my brother down to the Wharf and Cannery Row which included lunch out. This is the first time I have faced eating out since I started training. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich no mayo, gave the fries to my daughter and set the bun aside. The hardest part was the popcorn shrimp appetizer. I seem to do OK resisting yummy food, as long as I have SOMETHING on my plate that I can eat. Of course I did not have my meal yet so I was unable to resist the shrimp. At least shrimp has good protein (but equal amount of fat :-( ) I had 6 popcorn shrimp and about 6 french fries. I guess it was a successful lunch as a whole, but we will NOT be going out once I start "THE diet" on the 14th. It was pretty hard and it made me feel crabby while we were sitting there. After that, we needed to get some salt water taffy, but that was not a problem as I am not really temped by anything that is not doughy or chocolaty.

Then when we got home, I laid down on the couch and took a 2 hour nap. It was awesome and I do feel better. I think I could still sleep if I laid back down. That is when you know that your body is fighting! Also, I got about 10 hours of sleep last night. I'm predicting that tomorrow will be a better day. :-)

My brother (from TX) is going to try to come up for my competition (him and Mike want to "heckle" me, but I threatened to kill them both if they did! hehehe) Anyway, my brother was there to support me at my first triathlon...then my second and my third. I love my brother, and he is an athlete too so he appreciates the hard work and dedication it takes to do events such as these. He worked out with me today and will tomorrow too. He is a great workout partner. Thanks Alex! You are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment