Friday, February 12, 2010

"Geez Rachelle, you haven't blogged in 3 days!" --Kate

I got in trouble from Kate last night and again this morning for not blogging since Tuesday so I figured I better get on it. I actually have some stories to tell but I've been super busy with "mom drama" which no one wants to hear about. If I had a 'mom' blog, I'd be typing constantly! (actually I would not be typing at all because what mom has the time for all that?)

Let me preface my "today blog" by going back briefly to Wednesday, which you all know is not a lift day due to all my classes, blah, blah, blah.. So I made a new spin CD with a lot of rock/hip hop style music. The kind that makes you bob your head, not dance around. That kind of heavy beat calls me to want to climb, climb climb. So Wednesday night Spin was a heavy climbing class. About half way thru, it occurs to me that tomorrow (Thursday) is leg day so I should try to save myself as much as possible. I try to "cheat" as much as possible for the rest of the class, but I've pretty much burned out my legs already anyway. Thursday morning 6am, Spin again... same workout. I try to cheat thru the whole workout but I can feel that my legs are burning anyway... I'm afraid for later. LATER... I get a text from my workout partner for that day that she is sick and will not be meeting me. Great.. on a day that I really needed a partner to help me, cuz I'm tired, my legs are spent before I start, and I'm feeling the opposite of motivated... what's the word??...not motivated? I get to the gym, warm up, start with calves. Immediately I'm having this pain along the outside of my right foot. Even tho I drop the weight way down, I can't eliminate the pain, so I move on to leg press. I do my first set "light" but it feels really heavy... sigh... yawn.... so tired... I did my 3 sets 90 pounds lighter than my max from last week and I feel like I can hardly push it. So at least I try to really focus on form, go a little deeper and added an extra set. Squats on the Smith since I was having fear of failure. Then I ran into a friend...we chatted... Marcelo (the gym manager) came over... more chatting. This is actually a real pet peeve of mine. I don't have all day to spend at the gym so can we just chat later? Since the aerobics room was in use for the next hour (where I do my walking lunges and straight leg DL, I did lunges while the 3 of us chatted. I don't know how many I did but it felt like a lot. Finally the manager got called away and my friend had to leave. That left me cooled down and struggling even more just to finish up extensions and curls... screw dead lifts... I'm out of here!

I get home and I'm feeling somewhat guilty about failed leg workout, but I'm hungry and also feeling bored and uninspired by the food I'm allowed to eat. I had a chicken taco pita which was super delicious but I thought at the time that I wasn't supposed to eat the taco seasoning (too much sodium). But I obviously ate it anyway. So now I feel guilty about my workout, guilty about my hi sodium lunch and I'm pretty much riding down the road of crabbiness. (on top of that, my breakfast was yucky... no joy in the food department) Lisa is on her way to my house... better snap out of it and get ready for a confession.

Lisa, my hero and excuse killer, and my angel and the devil, walks in all smiles, loving on my dog, and says "How you feeling?" and pokes me right in my chest! My little, tender bruised sternum that she tried to break on Tuesday cried out in pain as I tried to be strong but cried a little in the inside. I told her I had a "bad breakfast, a bad workout, a bad lunch, and I'm in a bad mood about it"... She didn't say anything about my wimpy workout, I guess she will just punish me later in her own evil way. And as it turned out, I don't have to worry about sodium intake until 3 weeks from competition, so lunch was no guilt after all. I feel better already.

My Thursday meetings with Lisa are meant for posing and nutrition. Let me just make a long story short by saying that there was no posing, all nutrition. There is so much detail about the nutrition! Each day is a different calorie intake, and that is broken down into %protein/carb/fat (which is different for each say) and THEN you have to eat most of your carbs before and after the workouts, etc, etc.... So we are getting deeper and deeper in to the details and I'm getting a little panicked wondering how many hours I'm going to spend obsessing about what to eat and when. What happens if I get to the end of the day and my percentages are off? In the end Lisa is going to make the diet plan for me (specifically what to eat and when) and it will only cost me a Mercedes Benz, a Cartier bracelet and the rights to my DNA. But at least it will be done. Anyone need a massage? Cuz I'm in need of some CASH!!

Which brings us to today... My piriformis is a bit sore so I must have done something right on leg day (probably all the lunges) I had a muesli pancake with banana cream protein and it was not too bad, had a great lift with a great partner (minimum chatting), and a $160 trip to Costco with Kate to get protein milk shakes (that are chillin' in the fridge for my afternoon snack) and a crap load of other stuff (mostly stuff that I can eat and few extras). Again with the cash outflow.... this sport is expensive!!! Oh well...I'm committed now.

Sigh.... how's that for a blog Kate? Enough entertainment for you? Now that we are all current, I have to get back to my "mom chores" I've really been slacking this week.
Talk to you later!



1 comment:

  1. It's about time missy:) Gotta love Costco, well, more like a love hat relationship. I don't think anyone leaves there spending under $100, but at least everything you got is super protein packed ( tuna, protein shakes, canned chicken, greek yogurt) You are doing soo good! I know it's hard when your amazing husband makes carrots with brown sugar and all you can have is carrots, but hey, just think when you can eat all that stuff again, it will taste really really good:) You are doing great girl! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete