Sunday, February 14, 2010

I have support... and I'm not talking about my bra

Yesterday was a great workout because Mike came with me to the gym and played the part of "trainer" for my bicep/tricep workout. My wrist trouble frustrates me most on arm day. It hurts most to pronate so any "palm up" activity just irritates it. I did my best to modify my hand position, and Mike did his best to break me. I loved being able to spend quality time together with my husband in this manner. He said he was nervous that his pushing might make me angry, but I suggested that since never fight (well, rarely) that we could pretend we were fighting and then have make up..... never mind... Mike would not like it if I wrote such personal things.

Then I was invited at the very last minute to go out to eat with some really fun girlfriends. You know how I feel about eating out right now, but I decided to make a quick meal replace shake (cake batter flavored protein and it was REALLY delicious!) and stuck some snacks and protein water in my purse. You know? This thing is getting easier. I had a friend offer me a shrimp that she was pretty sure was steamed, and another friend offer some of her steak, both of which I could have eaten, but that would have been torture for me. To have something so yummy but only get a taste is much harder than just saying no all together.

Next there is the issue of Valentine's Day....

Valentine's Day is a bad day to be on a diet. I haven't baked chocolate
chip cookies (mine and my family's favorite) for about 3 months so I decided that for V-Day I'd bake a big choc chip heart shaped cookies for each of my 4 Valentines. I was feeling a lot of anxiety about that since there is no greater food weakness for me. I decided I'd bake the cookies first thing after breakfast (my least tempted time of day). When I got up, I was greeted
by this sweet Valentine's gift from my super awesome husband. A heart shaped rice cake and a chocolate protein bar cut up into bite sized morsels. I snacked on 2 pieces of my special chocolate while I baked and it helped a lot. I did not even lick batter off my fingers... as I knew that would be the beginning of the end.
I'm very lucky to have such a supportive husband and family.

Today I do not have to workout at all and I'm excited about that. I'm experimenting with eating only 1100 calories since that is what I will be restricted to next Sunday. Might be kind of hard. I have eaten almost 600 between breakfast and lunch already. I really don't want to go to bed hungry so I'm trying to portion my calories out evenly. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I'm supporting you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it! 1158 calories and that includes the tuna and rice cake that I plan to have before bed time :-) It wasn't that hard, I just had to give it some thought and be careful not to eat too much at any one meal.

    ReplyDelete