Monday, February 8, 2010

Feelings.... nothing more than feelings...

I feel MUCH better than I did over the weekend. As far as my health is concerned, I have just a little post nasal drip, otherwise, I'm back to 100%. Thanks to my beautiful son for praying for me.

My biceps feel a bit sore after working out with my brother yesterday. He was a great workout partner, and really pushed me. I actually decreased my weight a little in order to slow down and really concentrate on the muscle and ROM.

My wrist feels a little better. I've been icing it and bought a wrist brace that I wore most of the weekend. Lifting biceps irritated it a bit but after ice and immobilization it feels ok today.

My tummy feels bored. This is my biggest challenge. I'm bored with eating. I didn't really love my meal replacement shake that I drank yesterday. It was OK, but not something that makes me WANT to eat. I need more calories without the carbs or fat. I'm tired of looking for food that I can eat. This weekend was kind of hard. Yesterday with the Super Bowl, I was actually lucky that we stayed home and Mike grilled chicken and chops with rice... and Doritos. The chips made me a little jealous... the smell, the crunch, the yummy goodness that is Doritos. I decided to make some popcorn for myself and in my angry rebellion, I made it with 1T of oil and a 'dash' of salt. It was sooo good! I licked the lid to the popcorn maker. My brother asked me if I "wanted to be alone with my lid".... yes... yes I do....

Overall, I FEEL good about "things" in general. It's noon, so I FEEL hungry. I FEEL like I'm going to make more popcorn to eat with my lunch. I FEEL happy, blessed, rested, and ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment