Friday, January 22, 2010

Make up to the gym? Really?

OK... Yesterday was bad right? So I'm not really feeling the gym this morning so I decided to clean my kitchen. That is productive work and, by golly, it needs to be done, so just get off my back about it. I don't need my friends coming over and seeing that I have expired medicine in my kitchen cabinet so it was essential that I organize and clean out my 2 messiest cupboards!

THEN, I just HAD to put make up on. There are too many mirrors at the gym to be looking like I did yesterday. You know the look... when you are too lazy to wash your face the night before so you when you wake up you look like death warmed over with 2 black eyes. Yeah...that was just an extra boost to my severely bruised ego during yesterdays "wimpy" workout. So today I "prettied" up a bit just in case things didn't go well. It's leg day, and legs are my strongest body part so I was hoping for a "gym revival".

I warmed up on the bike to Eminem "Lose Youself" (the clean version) ... makes me bob my head just thinking about it... I probably looked pretty funny "dancing" on the bike, but I don't care I do it when I teach too. Gotta FEEL the music! Anyway... Lounges with weight, more bike... "Boom Boom Pow" then a faster with "Bang on the Drum all Day"... but this isn't spin class OK people? So lets get back to legs.... Squats on the smith, straight leg dead lifts... a little more bike (cuz it's fun.. with Michael Jackson in my ears!) calves, abs...

Soreness scale? about a 5 out of 10... sadly... Not that I WANT to be crippled, but I thought I'd be more stiff. Anterior delts hurt the most right now. I did give 2 hours of sports massage last night and my arms shook the whole time! My clients probably wondered if I was having seizures.

Here's my thought for today's workout... Maybe I could have squatted more weight on the Smith but I felt like my shoulders couldn't take anymore weight. Goes to show what half of my body is stronger. At the end of my workout (1.5 hours surprisingly) I felt much better than I did yesterday and I looked a hell of a lot better too. Do it ladies!... Wear make up to the gym. If it makes you feel better, go ahead. (maybe skip the bright red lipstick)

No comments:

Post a Comment