Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Early trouble in body building paradise...

Struggle #1.... first issue of today was how to get 135 grams of protein a day with out shakes or bars. Today I hit 128 grams with 31.9 grams of fat, not too bad I guess. But I'm 800 calories under my caloric budget for today. I could eat right now but what I want is the cheese cake that is in the fridge so I'm just going to go to bed. I plan to hard boil some eggs tomorrow so I can have a quick protein snack. (just hope they don't give my gas!) Speaking of that... I thought the high protein would make me a fart machine but it hasn't... whew! My massage partners are probably the most happy about that! ;-)

Struggle #2.... I've received an estimated cost from my trainer. I wondered why she charged so little when she was so awesome and now I know why. Email time, posing clinic, routine review, diet reviews.... and that doesn't include training sessions (which she agreed to do massage trades for).... looking at about $500. About $150-$200 for the contest entry and drug test, $50 for the suit, I'm just guessing about $100 a month for supplements.... and about half way through.... psychiatric care! So what I had thought would be about $400 for all of it, has now turned into over $1k! Damn! I mean maybe this will be a life altering event for me. But really... I may need to pick up another sugar daddy... any volunteers?

I thought my first triathlon would be cheap. I had a suit, and a bike and shoes...right? WRONG! I sunk about 1k into my first tri when it was all said and done, but it totally changed my life and got me started on a path of fitness that I never dreamed I'd travel down.

So what about this.... ???? I do know that I have to stop emailing my trainer 3 times a day! :-)
(stalker!)

1 comment:

  1. The trainer's fees are meant to keep you OUT of the psych ward! Also, if you're creative, maybe the whole thing can be a tax write-off?... who's stalking who now?! I like your mantra of protein. Talk to you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete