Sunday, January 24, 2010

Angel in Red?

I know you all are going to want to read how my workout with Lisa was some kind of scary and "Jillian-esque" type of experience. But I have to say that my angel from yesterday was not wearing red today. I was so thankful that I was invited to workout with her, her husband and friend "Mossy". I was mostly afraid that I would shame myself into a corner, but thank God it was leg day so I could have a LITTLE redemption. Only due to 5 years of teaching spin, kickboxing, MMA/BJJ and tons of squats and lunges that I didn't totally embarrass myself today. So that made me happy. It was a totally different workout than Friday's legs. Add an extra calf exercise, add leg press, no Smith on the squats, add double the weight on walking lunges, and about 20 lbs more on straight leg dead lifts. THEN super set with curls and extensions! Woo Hoo! Loved that!
I did ask Lisa if she would get up on the leg press machine and yell at her husband to "PUSH" but she didn't... *sad face*

The other thing that made me sad today was this... Instead of "Jillian" telling me to work harder/burn more calories... Lisa told me not to do any cardio that I wasn't getting paid for. Mass building with cardio is like an oxymoron apparently. (Actually if my classes weren't paying for this whole adventure, I'd be advised to drop ALL cardio) This is hard for me. I like to get a good sweat going and know that I just burned 600 calories. On top of that, I told Lisa that I gained a pound this week and she said "good". Of course I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so gain muscle = gain weight... but come on! I'm still a woman and it's hard to dismiss the scale. How many women can say, ''My goal is to GAIN weight!"? But mine is... I trust that it will pay off.

Anyway, I had to tell my buddy Tracy that I can't come to her Zumba classes on T-TH and I also have to talk to my BJJ coach about not coming back to class for yet another month. It's just bad timing as I just got my blue belt in December and now I'm dropping off the face of BJJ Earth. (I haven't been able to go all of Jan because of Sport Massage classes). I know I'll be in for a beating when I do go back.. and the beating will just get worse the longer I'm gone.

At the end of the day, I got a great leg workout, got 155 grams of protein, and the Colts are going to the Super Bowl. OH!... Also, Lisa told me I could drink tonight! Which made me happy! But I didn't because I am too full from force feeding myself flank steak and edamame beans until I was ready to bust open! So I'm sad. What an emotional ride! Happy-sad-happy-sad...like a bipolar patient with out her meds.

Tomorrow would normally be just an ab day but I have to make up arms that I didn't do today cuz of the extra leg workout. I hope I can get out of bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment