Saturday, May 15, 2010

If you didn't know better, you'd think we were lesbians

Things are getting better since last weekend's BBQ. On Tuesday I weighed in at 127 and was a bit depressed by my lack of control and dedication to my body. After an hour with Lisa, I felt better as usual and had 3 really good days of eating clean. On Friday morning I weighed 124. Yeah! Yesterday was International Language Day out at DLI and I took the kids out of school early to go. I knew I was going to eat something, gave myself permission and ate breakfast and snack accordingly. After perusing all the vendors we came across the Italian bread booth. Aahhh.. food heaven. Since I gave myself permission to eat something, I tried to choose very carefully. The owner of the booth was very kind and let us sample almost everything on the table. (There were 4 of us (Kate, Tianna, Hunter and I) sharing each sample so it was just a bite for the most part) My favorite item, BY FAR, was the home made monkey bread. Do you know what that is people? Bread with cinnamon and sugar swirled in? It's amazingly awesome! I told him I wanted a loaf of THAT and he put one in a bag for me. As we continued to look and taste, I decided that nothing good could come from me buying a whole loaf of monkey bread so I apologized and asked if I could buy just one slice. (A little something that I learned from Lisa just Tuesday). He GAVE me 3 slices, which only made me guilty enough to feel like I had to buy something! So I bought a loaf of whole wheat bread made with no butter and no sugar. It was full of nuts and bird seed... not cinnamon and sugar. So I walked away feeling pretty good. Then there were some emotional triggers last night and I had a couple of drinks, and then went on a nearly 2 hour walk with Kate.

I love Kate. She is such an awesome friend. She continually comes to my rescue, always encourages me no matter how many times I fail at the same damn task no matter how simple that task might seem. Her and I have the same type of weaknesses so we understand each other perfectly. As we walked and talked and she expressed her jealousy of my continuous walking farts, I realized that I may never find another friend like her. For those of you who know Kate, and she suddenly disappears from the area... don't fear, I probably just acted on my desire to adopt her as our permanent auntie/nanny and took her with us to Italy. I already invited her on her own free will but she wants to stay here and teach and start her career. That's just a crazy, ridiculous and absurd thing for her to do if you ask me! So I may have to take her by force. I even tried to convince her that she would surely find a handsome and rich European husband, but ..*sigh*.. she denied me this one thing. So I toast, with a jar of nuts to my ever steady, never will divorce me, always will support me and love me, friend Kate. Thanks for everything, my friend.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am speechless! This is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever written about me. Thank you soo much! You don't even know how much it means to me. I love you so much! So I toast to you my lovely, beautiful, talented lady a piece (just a piece at that:) of toast with crunchy peanut butter (only 2 tablespoons) and pumpkin butter on it! You are my hero! You are a wonderful friend, wife, mother, daughter and massage therapist. I, as everyone around you, am so blessed to have you in my life! Congrats on all you have accomplished! Keep up the good work.

    p.s. Nice title mike:)

    ReplyDelete