Monday, May 3, 2010

Competition pictures

Here are some pictures of the show. Although the organization itself was very unorganized and the day felt chaotic to be kind, I had a great time when I finally got my turn on stage. I was nervous but I did my best and I don't think the nerves showed. There were only 4 of us in the bodybuilding category and the 2 ladies to my right were in a different category that me so I was stuck with the marshmallowy girl to my left who had no business being on that stage. She knew it too and tried to drop out of that category but she was not allowed to drop. She was embarrassed to be there and I was embarrassed for her. So it was an easy first place for me. I was really hoping to have more competition so I could really brag about it, but I'll still take my trophy and put the ranking on my resume.

The night show was a lot of fun too. My routine went well, I didn't stumble or forget anything. I smiled the whole time and even tried to "egg on the audience" for applause. Pictures of me in the red suit are from the night show.

After the show I ate 3 slices of pizza, a 1/2 bottle of wine, and various treats and cookies. On Sunday I had a pretty decent breakfast, but then ate lunch at Rainforest Cafe, chocolate covered peanut butter cookie, and Cold Stone ice cream for 'dinner'. I was actually nauseous by bed time.

Today I was going to get back on the wagon but ate banana bread for breakfast, Myo frozen yogurt for lunch, more banana bread for snack, Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza for dinner (pretty low fat but HI in sodium), and yet more banana bread for another snack after spin. I'm finding my motivation to not stick to the diet very weak now that the competition is over. My "food baby" has yet to be delivered. I'm going to try again tomorrow to stick to a clean "pre ~ peak week" menu. I only want to gain 10 of my 17 pound weight loss back. But the way things are going so far... we'll see. I think I will not beat myself up too much this week. Lisa told me I could just relax and eat whatever for a week, but my plan was to just have some dinner with my family and stick back to the diet otherwise. So far that has not happened... but it's only Monday.















4 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO Rachelle!!!! My husband and I just left Monterey in March (now in Africa), but I was good friends with Lisa and Eileen...so I've been reading through your blog! I am so proud of you! I've always wanted to try a competition, but just haven't had the balls! HA! Looking back, I wish I had made Lisa my trainer, and just tried it!! Anyways...CONGRATS!!!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Chelle! You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero!! Congrats girl!! You did a wonderful job! And don't worry about getting back on the wagon quite yet, you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you babe! I know that you're going to kill the competition in Italy!

    ReplyDelete