Sunday, May 15, 2011

Peak Week 6 days

I decided to blog daily for peak week. But don't be surprised if you are not entertained. I am keeping a journal for myself so I can reference back next year if I need to.
Today:
1059.9 calories
17.5 fat
67.4 carbs
158.2 protein
1.5 gallons of water.

no exercise today but I spent all day in the kitchen

So I will confess that the last 3-4 days I have deliberately added calories to my diet. My macros are still in line, but I haven't lost any weight in 6 weeks and I'm starving myself into desperation. I figured that if I'm not going to lose weight, I might as well add a couple of calories so I can function. Last year, this time, I had very little commitments and I spent most of the week on the couch. This year is quite different and to top it off, Mike is out of town all week. So yesterday I ate extra calories in hopes to get thru the week in a little better state than I have been. (Surprisingly, I lost a pound on Saturday morning) I didn't have very much trouble with today's low calorie, but I'll probably feel the effects of the low carb tomorrow rather than today. BUT tomorrow I get to eat many of my favorite foods! I get a shake AND a protein bar AND some peanut butter! What could be better? So I'll get lots of happy food tomorrow :-)

Here are some pictures of today's food prepping.



I'm also peeing every 15 minutes from all the water today. And I still have 1 more bottle to drink before bed. Any wagers on how many times I will get up in the night? I'm guessing 3.

I feel calm and confident with my food this week after all the prepping. All my food is pre measured and ready to warm up or put right into my lunch box. With the kids' lunches and dinner made, I don't have to worry so much about my non-ability to NOT cheat. I don't have to touch or prep any food all week long! This makes me happy.
Overall, today I feel like a 4 on a 1-5 scale (5 being great). My belly is big but it's either from yesterday's calories, today's water, or my coming period. (sorry men...) Either way, I'm not worried about my poochy belly. For the most part, it's part of my body and I can tighten it up flat when I need to. It just takes thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment